How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 30662
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner was an assylum seeker with a house provided to him

Resolved Question:

My partner was an assylum seeker with a house provided to him from council but he moved in with a woman and once it was known they removed him from the assylum list took his house, no decision had ever been made and he had not had his hearing. The relationship broke down and from them he has been living in limbo staying with friend to friend, he has been here for 9 years and in this limbo state for 4years. He and I have a daughter 13 months old, I have 5 other kids from a previous 16 year marriage and I feel the strain of this relationship is about to cost me my 14 year old son so i want to end my relationship.
Him and I aside i do not want my daughter to lose her dad she is a bonifide daddys girl who eats and sleeps and follows him everywhere, he has practically done everything for her since she was born and they are so close but i need to put my other kids first and i want him to leave i dont love him ive tried but i dont.
I thought it might help him if i give him custody our daughter. so if i put him out with my daughter and he becomes homeless with her. where should i send him ? who would legally have to help him ? if i say i cant cope with my daughter and she needs to be with him would they take her into care ? I need to know the full consequences of what i am going to do cos i want to help him stay but i need my daughter to see me everyday.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Hi - This would be a high risk option. As an illegal overstayer your partner has no claim on public resources and there for does not have to be rehoused by the local authority even if he has a child. If he seeks assistance then it is likely that he, and the child if necessary, will be sent to a holding centre while his case is considered by the Border Agency. This may well impact on your ability to see your child every day. Claire
Clare, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 30662
Experience: 25 years hight street experience
Clare and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas


    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
  • John Knox's Avatar

    John Knox


    Satisfied Customers:

    solicitor with 8 years experience