How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7600
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MY question is if i get married in ghana what would i have

Resolved Question:

MY question is if i get married in ghana what would i have to do to bring my new wife to england what visa would i have to get
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



I see that I have already answered this question for you.


Did you receive it?


Do you require more information?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i did not receive your answer
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



If she is coming here to marry she will need to apply for a spouses visa. Here is the criteria you would need to fulfill for a spouses visa,


  • You are married (eg. marriage certificate)
  • You plan to live permanently together here (statements, correspondence)
  • You have met each other before (eg. statements from you both and others, correspondence)
  • You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income, evidence of jobs available that your husband could do)
  • You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
  • That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)

You will see that I have put suggestions of documents you should submit with your application in brackets.


She will also have to pass an A1 english language test before she comes showing she has a basic command of spoken and listening English. She can find out approved test providers in her area by contacting the UK embassy nearest to her. She should do this now because it can take 1-2 months for the test results to come through following the test.


You will need to apply to the British Embassy/Consulate closest to her for fiance visa using form VAF4 which is available for download from the UKBA website


You should consider instructing a immigration solicitor to prepare an application for you. You can find local solicitors via:-

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions