Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

MY question is if i get married in ghana what would i have

MY question is if i get married in ghana what would i have to do to bring my new wife to england what visa would i have to get
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I see that I have already answered this question for you.

Did you receive it?

Do you require more information?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no i did not receive your answer
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

If she is coming here to marry she will need to apply for a spouses visa. Here is the criteria you would need to fulfill for a spouses visa,

• You are married (eg. marriage certificate)
  • You plan to live permanently together here (statements, correspondence)
  • You have met each other before (eg. statements from you both and others, correspondence)
  • You can support each other without the need for public funds (bank statements, evidence of income, evidence of jobs available that your husband could do)
  • You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds (tenancy agreement, land registry docs if you your own home)
  • That neither of you are younger than 21 years of age. (birth certificates, passports)

You will see that I have put suggestions of documents you should submit with your application in brackets.

She will also have to pass an A1 english language test before she comes showing she has a basic command of spoken and listening English. She can find out approved test providers in her area by contacting the UK embassy nearest to her. She should do this now because it can take 1-2 months for the test results to come through following the test.

You will need to apply to the British Embassy/Consulate closest to her for fiance visa using form VAF4 which is available for download from the UKBA website

You should consider instructing a immigration solicitor to prepare an application for you. You can find local solicitors via:-

Kind regards,