How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born in South Africa to a British mother and SA father.

Resolved Question:

I was born in South Africa to a British mother and SA father. My husband was born in South Africa. We relocated to the UK in Dec 2007 on an Ancestry Visa (expiring Oct 2012). I applied on my own and he applied on his own as his grandfather was British. Our 3 children were on my application.
When we got to the UK, I applied for registration using Form UKM and I am now a British Citizen by Descent. My husband and I have now separated. I need to know if I can get ILR for my children. I have a few issues though
1) My eldest is now 19.
2) if I'm not able to get them ILR now, then how do I extend their 5 year Ancestry Visas if I'm now a British Citizen?
3) Can they get ILR if we are not divorced yet?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
How old are your other children?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
They are 13 and 15
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
Ok thanks so far as your younger children are concerned they are entitled to be here as your dependents and as you are settled her e you can apply for settlement for them.You do so on SET( F). Your eldest son will have to qualify in his own right - he can apply for ILR after 5 years residence. You childrens rights are author because you are a uk citizen or in their own capacity so the divorce/separation should have no impact.

Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions