Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I received my ILR in 1997, and am planning to apply for british

I received my ILR in 1997, and am planning to apply for british citizenship. My wife is born british, as well as my three children. I quality for naturalisation in all aspects. Unfortunately I have had two convictions MS90 on my driver's license (MS90 FAILURE TO GIVE INFORMATION AS TO IDENTITY OF DRIVER) which is a minor offence. I was travelling, a visiting friend got a speeding ticket while driving my car, we did not respond to the letters and myself being the registered keeper of the car finally got a court order to pay for the fine. This happened 2 times and both during 2010. What are the chances of these two incidents getting in the way of my application for naturalisation
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
You application is unlikely to be successful. One minor offence may be disregarded but two may not be. I am not certain that this offence is regarded as minor since it involves a positive default but it may be regarded as minor. However as I say they are unlikely to disregard 2 offences and if thy both resulted in fines you will have to wait fro 5 years from the date of the fine for them to be spent.

You can find the full guidance here

including detail of what good character means and the treatment of different offences.

My recommendation is you wait but you may be able to check with UKBA what their view is.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. How can I contact UKBA?
Telephone 0845(NNN) NNN-NNNNmon to fri 9 to 5 but expect a wait.

the details are in the guidance notes I sent you a link to