Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Greetings. I need a lawyer to answer my question please

Customer Question

Greetings

at first,I would like to say that i consider this a personal issue and i expect anyone to respect my privacy and to be more friendly to discuss and answer my question. I wont like if anyone will give me the feeling as if i am making a sin when i plan to immigrate to another country. I'd like a friendly advise and understanding of what i am passing trough, as this is not easy for me.
I am from Lebanon and i will do my masters in UK very soon. I was reading online that if someone is staying in UK for 183 days in a tax year then he gets the right to apply for residency.
I need an advise as follows.
If i get my masters in one year, then i have the right for two years post study visa.
Furthermore, if i buy a house in UK and start paying taxes regardless if i found a job right after my masters or not. do i benefit from the one year that i spent for my masters or i have to try buying a house once am there and start paying taxes while i attend my university classes.
Also, i do have a BS in computer communication. So do i have the right to buy a work shop and work in fixing computers by the time i find a suitable job ? my masters will be as a management degree and buying a shop is considered withing that domain regardless of my skills in the technical part.
bottom of the line, i want to become a UK resident as i am a ChristXXXXX XXXXXving in Lebanon and lets be realistic and say that the situation can get worse for me here at any moment. I believe that i am a hard working and a good person in general and i would like to work in a country where they really evaluate my skills and efforts.
I might also need a lawyer on my first period there, as i wont take any risk of someone trying to fool me with the wrong deals or information.
by the way,I don't want you to think that i am a rich person. i will be selling my car and apartment in Lebanon in order to do all the above information, so please try to give me the easiest and most affordable solutions.
thanks for the help
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Might I suggest the reason that your question has not been answered is because there is a lot of information there for $16.00.

Can we simplify things please. You are to attend a UK college/university to do a masters. Are you asking how to secure a visa to enable you to do this?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello

Negative sir, i am simply planning. i want to evaluate my chances of staying in UK after my masters.
i am now sure that you will understand my above paragraphs

Regards