How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1962
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Greetings. I need a lawyer to answer my question please

Customer Question


at first,I would like to say that i consider this a personal issue and i expect anyone to respect my privacy and to be more friendly to discuss and answer my question. I wont like if anyone will give me the feeling as if i am making a sin when i plan to immigrate to another country. I'd like a friendly advise and understanding of what i am passing trough, as this is not easy for me.
I am from Lebanon and i will do my masters in UK very soon. I was reading online that if someone is staying in UK for 183 days in a tax year then he gets the right to apply for residency.
I need an advise as follows.
If i get my masters in one year, then i have the right for two years post study visa.
Furthermore, if i buy a house in UK and start paying taxes regardless if i found a job right after my masters or not. do i benefit from the one year that i spent for my masters or i have to try buying a house once am there and start paying taxes while i attend my university classes.
Also, i do have a BS in computer communication. So do i have the right to buy a work shop and work in fixing computers by the time i find a suitable job ? my masters will be as a management degree and buying a shop is considered withing that domain regardless of my skills in the technical part.
bottom of the line, i want to become a UK resident as i am a ChristXXXXX XXXXXving in Lebanon and lets be realistic and say that the situation can get worse for me here at any moment. I believe that i am a hard working and a good person in general and i would like to work in a country where they really evaluate my skills and efforts.
I might also need a lawyer on my first period there, as i wont take any risk of someone trying to fool me with the wrong deals or information.
by the way,I don't want you to think that i am a rich person. i will be selling my car and apartment in Lebanon in order to do all the above information, so please try to give me the easiest and most affordable solutions.
thanks for the help
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



Might I suggest the reason that your question has not been answered is because there is a lot of information there for $16.00.


Can we simplify things please. You are to attend a UK college/university to do a masters. Are you asking how to secure a visa to enable you to do this?



Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Negative sir, i am simply planning. i want to evaluate my chances of staying in UK after my masters.
i am now sure that you will understand my above paragraphs


JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years hight street experience
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.