Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I was deported from the Uk at 21 for fake documents. I want

I was deported from the Uk at 21 for fake documents. I want to return in 2011 on business. Is there a possibility that this bill be granted
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
When were you deported? Who paid for your air fare? were you rejected and forced to take a flight back or were you actually arrested and deported after arrival? what passport do you hold?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was held at arrival, questioned and sent back on an SAA flight. I have a new passport but in the same name.I was deported in January.
Are you a south african national? who paid for the flight?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They must have paid for the flight as I never paid for it. I am a SA national.
It does not sound from that as if you were deported. It sounds as if you were refused leave to enter which is different. If you are deported then you are banned for 10 years but you would have been told that.

for using deception in an application can also lead to a 10 year ban but again you would probably have been told that.If you left at the expense of the secretary of state you would be barred for 5 years that has now elapsed but unless you were told you were barred then i think it is unlikely that you are. Otherwise you are not absolutely barred but are at risk of being refused for having previously broken the rules.

generally if they turn you back they will not bar you unless you repeat breaches.

As a South African national you should apply for a visa for a business visit . If this is granted it is unlikely you will be refused but make sure you have evidence of financial support for your trip a return ticket and preferably evidence that you have good reason to return to SA - a family a good job etc