Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am a 46 year old female i came to england from st vincent

Customer Question

I am a 46 year old female i came to england from st vincent in 1965 when i was nearly 1 years old, my parents applied for british citizenship for them selfs my mother didnt apply for me as she thought babies didnt have apply, it was only years later at the age of 30 i realised i had problems, wanting to travel to uganda the quick way around it was to get a st vincent passport and travel with my 2 children added, when on my return was told at heathrow to get my passport stampted with indefinate stay as i didnt like travelling on plane i vowed never to fly again but needed my passport sorted i decided to try and get british citizen ship so i got myself a solicitor, its taken 5 years my immigration granted me british citizenship, the problem now is the children i have been told that my 27yr old, 20yr old and 16 yr old are not british citizen and to apply they would have to pay large amounts of money to apply we dont have money iam sick on income support my 16yr old is at collage the 20 yr old gets job seekers allowance and my 27yr old works but has rent arrears of £2000 + and is tying to get out of a crammed 2 bedroom flat she sharre with her 3 boys, im at my wits end and dont know what to do please help, my childen was born in this country school and work here HELP PLEASE.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
What nationality is the childrens' father?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So it is better that i proceed no further as i cannot afford the the £46 as i am unemployed ty.
that is up to you but if you can provide me info about the children,s father and whether he was Uk or settled here I can advise you . If the children dont have a father on their birth certificate then obviously they will have to rely on you and their own immigration status