INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I am a woman 37yo from Brazil and my Hubby 42yo from Portugal.

I am a woman 37yo from Brazil and my Hubby 42yo from Portugal. We got married in Portugal last year (July). We live in UK and now I am waiting for my "visa" but I cant still live with this man because he hits me and put me down. I am under domestic violence. I like live in UK. What I have to do to not lose my visa when I get one? Please help me. Thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

What application did you make?

many thanks,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did EEA2
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Exactly wen did you make your application?

How long have you been in the UK?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I made it on first time May 2009 on this time I was a partner of my husband. we were married in Portugal last on July but I just made the new application with marriage certificate about 3 weeks ago because he dont care about an now I am sick and need a surgery then I need as well make a application form f a doctor in UK I vahe one but my application in GP is provisional. I live here from Brazil since 10 Dec de 2008. Now I am here 2 years and 2 months.
Thanks for any help> I really need
Joseane Ferreira
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the additional information.

If your application is granted, you will be issued with a residence permit which is valid for 5 years. At the end of the 5 years, you will have to make a further application, this is when you are likely to face problems as you will require your partners details to obtain permanent residence.

If at the end of the 5 years, your relationship is no longer subsisting and your partner had not exercised treaty rights in the UK for a period of at least 3 years, your application for permanent residence will be refused.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,