Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

please can i apply for any stay with my partner and baby (2yrs).i

please can i apply for any stay with my partner and baby (2yrs).i lived with them until now.a friend advice that i can apply for a spouse settlement .i dont really understand.Do i have any change to stay
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

What nationality are you and what is your current immigration status (ie. visa) in this country?

What nationality is your partner and what is their current immigration status in this country?

Are you married to your partner?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I dont have any visa or any right to stay here,am a Nigerian.

My partner is from kenya and she had indefinite leave to remain with my 2yrs old daughter and her 17yrs old son.

I am not married to her ,we lived together,

thank your

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

How long have you lived together for?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have lived together since 2007
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

If you have lived together for a period of 2 years then you are an unmarried couple that would normally qualify for the purposes of settlement eligibility in this regard, but usually you must also have valid leave to remain during this time. This is a difficulty

If you have previously come on a visa category and that application and your conduct thereafter suggest deception to the UKBA then this will be view negatively. It could affect your application.

If you have a child together then you stand a chance of arguing that you should be given credent leave to remain arguing your article 8 rights to a family and private life. This is different to a normal conventional application and you will need a solicitor to complete it on your behalf.

They would probably charge in the region of £800-1000+Vat to do this for you.

You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,