INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hi, I have an immigration case that I would like to check I

Customer Question

I have an immigration case that I would like to check:
I entered to the UK on September 2nd 1995, and been registred as an aylum seeker since sept 4th 1995. I lost my solicitor contact since 2000 and my documents, and I don't know what happened since. I've seen some friends of mine that they got their cases resolved and been granted ILR and British citizenship, according to the 14 years overstay rule.
Could you please advise what I can expect, and how should I proceed, and if you can help.
regards
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you have been in the UK since 1995 and have had refugee status since that time, you would have been able to apply for ILR after 10 years in the UK lawfully.

If you feel you have been in the UK illegally for part of your time here, you would be eligible to apply for ILR after 14 years in the UK. Thus, if you arrived in 1995, you would have been eligible to apply for ILR in 2009.

I would strongly suggest you instruct a solicitor to make an application to the UKBA on your behalf.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

If I have answered your question, kindly click accept.

If you do not, we do not get paid for the advice that we provide.

many thanks,