INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Hello there, I am British and live in London. I met a Thai

Hello there,
I am British and live in London.
I met a Thai women with a British Passport who I liked alot, she said she was unavailable for a relationship. After some time she suggested an arranged marriage with her Niece and after a lot of e mail and chats I went to Bankok to meet and marry her niece.
I paid for the wedding and reception and all the photos.
I had to provide proof of income and savings to satisfy immigration.
The wedding day seemed normal enough however towards the end of the day I was having drinks with my new in laws and the next thing I remember is waking up alone in their house.
This is not normal for me as I can consume a lot of whisky and I certainly would remember the journey home so I feel i was put to sleep somehow.

Am i at risk because they have my papers, and can the niece apply for a visa on the strength of my papers and the marriage supported by photos.

The marriage was not registered and the niece was nowhere to be seen for a few days.

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

You are not at risk as you can quite easlily inform the UKBA that the marriage is not subsisting and that you do not intend to live together permanently with your spouse.

Any application subsequently mad by your new Thai wife will be refused.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,