Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

what are the law for a person who have been working in uk for

what are the law for a person who have been working in uk for 2 month , she is canadian citizen . but lives normaly in norway . she have been out of norway and have been living in norway for 6 mounth. my question are : is it true that the immigration in uk want her to pay 4800gbp for insuranse before she can leave uk ?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

What do you mean by pay for insurance?

Who specifically is asking you to pay this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My girlfreind had orderd a ticket for traweling to me in norway . when she came in the airport on heatrow the immigration stoped her and told her to get health insurance , she told mee that the lowest she can get is insurance for one year and she say that she have to pay 4800 gbp to get it. I dont know what the law in uk say about this
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

She is not citizen of uk and not of norway . so whay have the immigrations stoped her ? she have her own acount here in norway but she have to come here to open it by signing papers in the bank and now she is stooked in uk because of the health insurance . I dont understand why uk stop her she only want to come home to mee .

can you help mee to get the right answers of all this ??

Mvh Niels

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

What visa is she on?

How long does she intend to stay in the UK?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

she is on canadian visa and she intend not to stay in uk , she want to come and live with mee in norway as soon as she can leave uk .she can stay here as long as she wants and she is aloud to work here , wee have talked about get married when she are here by mee, she came to uk the 14 dec and want to leave as soon as possible

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Are you certain the immigration official said that they would not let her leave the UK without proof of insurance?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hei tom

I only have the information from kelly my girlfreind .

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I assume as a Canadian citizen her English is very good?

Is there any chance she could have misunderstood what they were saying to her?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes her english is werry good.

mabe she could have misunderstud the situation . I will ask her as soon as i get contact with her she should mail mee soon .

I dont understand why she should pay health insurance in uk for leaving uk and come and live here in norway then the insurance should bee here ! but that i know are free here ,,cos i dont pay for it, unless i choise to get an private insurance

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

It is usually a condition of a person who is here on a visa that they maintain appropriate health insurance throughout the the duration of their stay in the Uk so that they do not have to access public funds.

However, I have never heard of a person being stopped from exiting the UK because they have not maintained health insurance. I would be astonished if this proved to be the case here. Customs officials generally want to make it easy persons with visas to leave the UK because of the problems with overstayers.

I would also question how they were able to be so accurate with their figures. Customs officials are not insurance agents and the figure is highly suspicious. Insurance for a year of health cover would certainly be under £500 (probably quite a bit under) and would be no where near the £4800 they have quoted.

It's very irregular and I would not be surprised if she had misunderstood the comment or that the official was profoundly misinformed - they are not infallible.

She should obtain insurance herself and keep evidence of this but she will find that it is not as expensive as the figure quoted.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,