How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7600
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have married in bangla desh my wife appleyd for spouse visa

Customer Question

i have married in bangla desh my wife appleyd for spouse visa i no longer wish to bring her in uk she is about to get visa in 2 weeks how do i get her visa cancel
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



I take it you consider the marriage to be at an end.


Did you inform the High Commission?


What did they say?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes in prosses of divorce . yes i hav inform the high commission .no respond
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Did you do this in writing or by telephone?



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi . i did it. by e. mail. ollso by fax
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.


Usually what would happen would be that you would inform them in writing that your relationship has broken down irretrievably with your wife and that you no longer consider that you have a relationship of man and wife. This would usually be followed by you stating that you intend to divorce and that as a result of this you no longer require her to receive a spouse visa.


The UKBA at this point would generally consider that the statement that your marriage is at an end is sufficient for them to take the marriage as no longer subsisting and therefor that she is ineligible for a spouses visa.


If you have done the above already then you should follow up your previous email by referring to it and asking for them to confirm that there have determined that she shall not receive a visa. The following day after you have sent the email you should give them a telephone call and check that they are taking the appropriate action.


If you have not done the above then you should write immediately. Obviously in the letter it is very important that you give full details of your wife, your and any application reference you have received so that they can easily trace the matter.


The UKBA/High Commission can be very, very slow in actioning things so that may be the case here. If she receives her visa and travels to the UK you can still inform the UKBA of the breakdown of the marriage. They would likely curtail her visa and ask her to return home.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hi. do you have the e mail addres. or phone number. for ukba in uk. wright depertment . i have tried could not gat the right depertment thank you.

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.


Thanks for your very kind accept.

It is the High Commission in the country where she has applied that you will need to speak to and then write to about this.

Google the country and "high commision" and you will easily be able to find a list of contact number.


Don't click accept to this post. I am happy to answer your follow up questions for free.

Kind regards,


Related UK Immigration Law Questions