Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi Tom, Thank you for your kind email, you certainly put

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your kind email, you certainly put a smile on my face.
However, I have decided to go to the UK for a visit first, maybe in the summer, then I would see what happens from there.

As a US resident, and Trinidad & Tobago citizen, do I need a visa for visit to the UK?

Kind regards,
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Hi Kay,

Thanks for your question.

If you are a citizen of Trinidad of Tobago and you are normally living in the United States then you would not normally require a visitor's visa. You can in fact check yourself here:-

This means that persons in your position would normally be granted a 6 months visitor's visa upon port of entry. It is technically discretionary thought, but would usually only be denied if they suspect that you were either not going to leave before the end of the 6 months, that you did not have enough money to support yourself without access to public funds or had or will commit a crime.

If you have enough time and would prefer you can make an application for a visitor's visa online. If you enter you details in the above site and then link to the visitor's page you will see how this can be done.

Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.