How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7590
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Tom, Thank you for your kind email, you certainly put

Resolved Question:

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your kind email, you certainly put a smile on my face.
However, I have decided to go to the UK for a visit first, maybe in the summer, then I would see what happens from there.

As a US resident, and Trinidad & Tobago citizen, do I need a visa for visit to the UK?

Kind regards,
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Kay,


Thanks for your question.


If you are a citizen of Trinidad of Tobago and you are normally living in the United States then you would not normally require a visitor's visa. You can in fact check yourself here:-


This means that persons in your position would normally be granted a 6 months visitor's visa upon port of entry. It is technically discretionary thought, but would usually only be denied if they suspect that you were either not going to leave before the end of the 6 months, that you did not have enough money to support yourself without access to public funds or had or will commit a crime.


If you have enough time and would prefer you can make an application for a visitor's visa online. If you enter you details in the above site and then link to the visitor's page you will see how this can be done.

Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.



Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions