Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hi i need help to find out something for my boyfirend about

Customer Question

hi i need help to find out something for my boyfirend about his situation in uk could you help me pls?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

What status does your boyfriend have in the UK?

What would you like to know?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi he been in uk since 1999 and he claimed asylem since that time but he refused to stay in uk . and he didnt go fo signing sinse 8 years he dont know what is his situation but he is working and he pay his tax. we been together 10 years i have a son with him he is from pakistan and he dont want go back at any case .recently i find out lot of pepole like his situation they have there indifinith leave to remain could you help me pls
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

He claimed asylum. He was refused. He has continued to stay here. You have a son together.

Is this correct?

What age is the child?

Are you a UK citizen?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I AM UK CITIZEN . MY SON IS 6 YEARS.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Okay.

Are you or do you plan to be married?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
YES . HE WAS MAREEIED WITH BIRITISH CITIZEN WHEN HE FIRSTCLAIM ASYLEM BUT THE GAIRL WAS MAD AND SHE LEFT HIM SHE BEEN IN MENTAL HOSPITAL IN AND OUT HE JUST GET HIS DIVORCE CERTIFICATE LAST MONTH.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, just to be clear.

He was married. He is now divorced.

Are you now to marry him?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I LIKE TO MARRY HIM .BUT HE DOSNT HAVE ANY ID OR PASSPORT.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I LIKE TO MARRY HIM .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HE DOESNT HAVE ID OR PASSPORT LET ME KNOW PLS WHAT SHOULD I DO
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Where is his passport, is it with the UKBA?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HE CAME WITH FAKE PASSPORT HE CLAIM ASYLEM WITH HIS REAL NAME..

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Did he have his real passport with him though?

If so please state where this is.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
HE NEVER BRING HIS OWN PASSPORT AND SINCE 1999 IN UK WITOUT THAT. JUST WITH HIS NATINAL INSURANSE NUMBER.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
FrownHE NEVER BRING HIS OWN PASSPORT AND SINCE 1999 IN UK WITOUT THAT. JUST WITH HIS NATINAL INSURANSE NUMBER.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

This is quite complicated. I've got to do some checking on this. Can I reply in the afternoon or would you prefer me to opt out and leave it for other experts to answer in the meantime?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I KNOW . NO PROBLEM I WILL WAIT YOU PLS LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . WE ARE NOT SURE HE MAY BEEN APPROVED LAST YEAR WITH LOT OF THER ASYLEM BUT PLS LET ME KNOW.THANK YOU
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

This is a very unusual situaiton.

I note in your final reply you state "..he may have been approved..". I don't know what you are basing this on, but you have to find out for sure what his current status is in this country.

If he was married in the first place to a UK citizen then he should have applied for a spouses visa under his true name.

Ideally, he would marry you and then apply for a spouses visa. The UKBA would usually require him to make the application from his home country because of his overstay. The overstay in and of itself would not be grounds for refusal. If there were exceptional circumstances (eg that he is required to care for the child) though he could argue that he should be allowed to make his application from here. There would be only a very small chance that he would be successful and he would have to prove that these exceptional circumstances.

The issue of his passport needs to be resolved. He needs this (or a replacement) if he is to make an application to stay here. If he can get someone to send his passport to him from Pakistan then he should do this. Once he has his passport you should see an immigration solicitor and explain your situation to them. They may advise after seeing the specifics of his case and taking your instructions that he should apply for discretionary leave to remain on the basis that he has a child in the UK with you (a UK national) and needs leave to remain to provide care to the child. He would obviously have to come clean about his previous fraudulent application.

The difficulty is that he has attempted to secure asylum by deception using a fake passport. This is very serious and the UKBA reserve the right to curtail any leave to remain granted as a result of deception.

My advice would be to contact the UKBA in writing to establish whether or not he has been granted asylum. At the same time see if he can obtain his real passport from Pakistan. Once you have established this he should then take all his documentation to a local immigration solicitor asking for a fixed fee consultation about his possible application for leave to remain

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions..

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you just tell me if he can bring his own passport from pakistan then we can married with that ,without he going to pakistan?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

If he has his own passport from Pakistan then you could marry in a Anglican church without the need to apply for a certificate of approval from the UKBA.

They would then ask that he returns home to make the application for a spouses visa there normally. However, he may be able to argue exceptional circumstances apply in that he is required he to care for his son and that he should be permitted to make the application here.. This is complicated and he would need an immigration solicitor to do it for him.

Again though, the deception with his previous application could very much be an issue and I would strongly advise you not to marry before following the above instructions and then going to see an immigration solicitor once you have some answers.

Hope this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you .i like to ask about human rights law under article 8 ,is this helpfull?
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Please click accept, I will continue to answer your questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Article 8 is helpful and you will be using this right in arguing for discretionary leave to remain should extend to your fiance and his right to remain here to care for his son. Article forms the basis of the application and that is why you will need a solicitor to argue it for you.

I have answered your question, please click accept now.

If you have further follow up answers I will answer free of charge.

Regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi could you ell me about backdoor aminesty.lot of people they alow to stay sinse last year.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.