Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

would you please help me i got my british citizenship i call

would you please help me i got my british citizenship i call my son to join me here in England as studnt visa. couldnt i apply him for indefinite leave to remain under my status

The mother acquired UK citizenship.

The son has been here on a student visa and wishes to know whether he could apply for ILR either on the basis of his stay here as a student or as the dependent of the mother.

Is the above correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it is correct . Please tell me what will be my next step to support my son, for he wanted to stay here in united kingdom to work .Is there any possible way that my son could apply for he could stay longer here in united kindom.

Thank You

How old is your son?

How long has he been in the UK as a student?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
dear sir Tom

my son age is 27 years old
Hes been here in UK nearly 2years this coming April

When did you obtain your UK citizenship?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I got it last July 1,2009

Your son is not eligible for UK citizenship or for indefinite leave to remain or another vise on the basis of his dependency upon you. To be a dependent one must be younger than 18 years old. This is not a possibility for him I'm afraid.

He will either have to continue his studies and apply for an extension of his student visa or otherwise apply under the Tier 1 (General) visa (if he has enough points) or Tier 2 (general) (if he has enough points and can find a sponsor. You check his points eligibility here:-

Tier 1 is Highly Skilled...etc.. on the above page

Tier 2 is Skilled Workers on the above page.

If nether of these are a possibility then he would have to return home at the end of his visa. If he does not he will become an over stayer which entitles the UKBA to reject any application he may make in the future except those based on his marriage/relationship to a UK national or someone with ILR.

Sorry it could not be better news.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions

Kind regards,