How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11819
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI. I am an international student from Pakistan on a tier 4

Resolved Question:

HI. I am an international student from Pakistan on a tier 4 visa. I am doing my PhD in the UK and have leave to remain until 2015. My mother is 62, widowed and is HIV positive. she receives all her treatment in the UK. Due to her health and age it is not always possible for her to come the UK for her treatment every 6 months and I am constantly worried about her. She cannot seek treatment in my province as it is very backward and the disease has great amount of stigma attached to it. Everyone in the city knows everyone!!I cannot bear the thought of her staying there. My brother who is living with her is now moving to another city and cannot take care of her. I want her here with me till the end of my PhD. We are financially sound and can show money in our account if needed. I am aware that students can only have husband and children as dependants but are there any exceptional cases?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


If you are a student, only your spouse, civil partner or dependent children are entitled to a right of residence.


Other relatives (including extended family members such as brothers, sisters and cousins) do not have an automatic right to live in the UK. To be considered, the extended family member must be able to demonstrate that they are dependent on you.


Thus, you will have to show that your moher is wholly reliant upon you and that there is no other family member capable of caring for her in her home country.


The ultimate decision in relation to your paplication will rest with the UKBA.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions