Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience

My son was born in 02-02-2000, I hold an Indian Passport with

My son was born in 02-02-2000, I hold an Indian Passport with with a stamp of Indefinite leave to remain. My son's passpart expired in 2007 and I was refused to an Indian passport for my son to travel last summer by the Indian Embassy. They refused to issue a passport as they need a letter confirming that my son was not issued a British passport as he was born here. My husband is a French National and we come under the EEA families. How do I get a passport to travel, either Indian or British?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi - You can ask the Border Agency to write a letter confirming that your child is not entitled to a British Passport simply because he was born in the UK - this should enable you to obtain an Indian Passport for him. Claire