How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 33547
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was born in 02-02-2000, I hold an Indian Passport with

Resolved Question:

My son was born in 02-02-2000, I hold an Indian Passport with with a stamp of Indefinite leave to remain. My son's passpart expired in 2007 and I was refused to an Indian passport for my son to travel last summer by the Indian Embassy. They refused to issue a passport as they need a letter confirming that my son was not issued a British passport as he was born here. My husband is a French National and we come under the EEA families. How do I get a passport to travel, either Indian or British?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - You can ask the Border Agency to write a letter confirming that your child is not entitled to a British Passport simply because he was born in the UK - this should enable you to obtain an Indian Passport for him. Claire
Clare and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions