Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I married a dominicain man in 2006 he got a 2 year spouse visa

Customer Question

I married a dominicain man in 2006 he got a 2 year spouse visa and on the 4 jan 2011 was given indefinite leave to remain in the uk, after he was given back is passport he took all his things and left me he said he married me to gain this visa .please advise me as to what can be done is this fraud .
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Have you spoken to the ukba about this at all?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no this has only happened a few days ago and we are all in shock cant believe he has done this
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Yes, it's a despicable thing to do obviously.

S76 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum 2002 the secretary of state may revoke a person's indefinite leave to remain where it is proved that this has been obtained by deception.

You should report this in writing to the UKBA setting out who you are, who he is, using the reference for his ILR application it possible and stating what has happened. They may take action against him, or they may not depending on how busy they are - it's not easy to do this and they would have to find him first.

You should stress in writing to them that you believe this has been a deception from start to finish and that this was entirely pre-conceived for the purpose of securing his leave to remain in this country .YOu should state that they should take this in to account should he decide to attempt to apply for naturalisation in `12 months time as it speaks to his lack of good character which is a requirement to be naturalised.

If this si useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,