Thanks for your question.
The short answer to your question is no you will not.
A Toursit Visa is issued to people for the purposes of Tourism. As a Tourist, you are not eligible to set up in business in the UK or to undertake any work.
The 5 year multi-entry Visitors visa you have been granted would allow you and your family entry into the UK for a period of 6 months after which you must leave the UK. During your time in the UK you are not permitted to work or set up in business. If you do, you will be in breach of your Visa conditions.
A multi-rntry Visitors Visa saves you the trouble of having to apply for a Visitors Visa for the next 5 years, however, you are only entitled to stay in the UK for up to 6 months ata a time.
I hope this answers yoru question. If so, kindlyc lick accept.
If you wish to discuss, please feel free to askj further questions.
I would like to finesse the information I have given you to ensure that your answere matches my situation
Although I will be tarevlling to the UK frequently on business I do not plan for the visits to be lengthy periods ... maybe up to a week - as we are apponiting a UK citizen/resident as our UK operations director
Does this in anyway change your understanding and advice
I am afrtaid my advice would not change in light of the new information provided. Any type of work is prohibited whilst a person is in possession of a Tourist Visa.
I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.
Hello I am following up with supplementary questions regarding UK tourist v business VISAs.
1. When we (husband & wife directors of a UK company) have a business visa, will we also require a tourist visa in any of the following scenarios?
a) Our son (who is now five years old) accompanies us
b) We extend a business trip to include tourist activities (two scenarios - with or without our son)
c) We visit only for tourist purposes (two scenarios - with or without our son)
3. What is the cost of the business visa for two directors of a UK company who are also husband & wife?
2. If we conclude that when we have a business Visa we no longer require a 5 year tourist Visa, is there an opportunity to get any refund for the tourist visa or get a deduction on the cost of the business visa
Sorry for the delayed response.
In response to your above questions:
1. Your Son will require Entry Clearance if he accompanies you. If you are on Business, you will not be required to obtain a Tourist Visa.
2. You should not be required to make an application if you are already in the UK and are still within the 6 month limit.
3. If you are visiting for Tourist purposes with or without your Son, you will technically, require a Tourist Visa.
4. I will check the current fee and revert back to you.
5. Generally, refunds are not given.
I hope this helps.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).