Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

what happens if ur given IS151A AND U WERE GETTING OUT OF UK

Customer Question

what happens if ur given IS151A AND U WERE GETTING OUT OF UK VOLUNTARILY DID NOT HAVE FUNDING OR ANYTHING BUT JUST OVERSTAYED VISITOR VISAS AND NOW IS GETTING MARRIED TO A UK NATIONAL HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE ON AVERAGE TO JOIN THE SPOUSE BACK IN UK AND WOULD IT BE A VERY COSTLY AFFAIR
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
have steps actually been taken to remove you? What is your current position. Where are you planning to get married?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no my fiance was not removed she was leaving uk voluntarily and was stopped at heathrow airport and on her passport they wrote pax seried with form IS151A since after that i got engaged with her and i want to marry her next month in india but i would like to know exactly what to do from begining to end and what will happen whethe she will have alot of problems before she can join me
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what documents do i require to help my fiances case also i am registered disabled in uk would that jepordise anything
Thanks for the further info.

the good news is that the fact that she has been given notice of being here illegally and subject to deportation if she had not left voluntarily does not prevent her form coming back on a spouse visa. Unless she overstayed by less than 28 days she will be barred from applying to return to the UK for at least a year in any other capacity but this bar does not apply to spouses.

She will need to apply for a spouse visa after you are married. You will find all the requirements here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/husbandswivescivilpartners/#header1
Th fact that you are registered disabled is irrelevant as long as you are not living on public funds.

She must be over 21 you need to establish that you have accommodation and will live together without recourse to public funds .