INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

my fiance is bangladeshi his visa is graduate scheme working

Customer Question

my fiance is bangladeshi his visa is graduate scheme working visa valid for year about to run out in april.we r planning to get married soon.what is the procedure. i am working part time am single mum at the moment get some housing benefit as well. will i be entitled to this.i only work 16 hrs would i need to work more for his immigration application to be valid and processed?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for yoru question.

If your partner has a valid visa and you wish to marry, he will have to make an application for a Certificate of Approval. If granted, you will have to marry within 6 months. Thereafter, he will have to make an application for a Spouse Visa.

If you are on benefits or in receipt of public funds, this should not adversely affect his application unless your benefits increaase as a result of your relationship.

You will not need to work extra hours if your partner is working and you both have sufficient maintenance funds to maintain yourselves without recourse to public funds.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,