UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007

I am looking to submit my application to the home office to

Customer Question

I am looking to submit my application to the home office to be naturalized as a british citizen. I meet all the necessary requirements (have been lawfully resident in UK for 13 years, have held ILR for 3 years). I was convicted of a DR10 on 03/11/05, which became spent in Nov 2010 under the Rehabilitation Act.

However, in April 2010 I got a TS10 conviction for failing to comply with Traffic lights, resulting in a 3 point endorsment and 3 penalty points on my licence. This conviction was in a magistrates court, as opposed to the usual fixed penalty notice.

Based on the above, will my application be rejected on the basis of the TS10 conviction & fine, or will the home office view this as a minor offence? Does the fine need to be spent under the rehabilitation act?

Just to further clarify, I have been to the council's check in service, and the person i saw got in touch with the home office, who advised that my application was unlikely to be successful and that I would need to wait 5 years for the conviction to be spent.

Please advise

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.