Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hello,I have a boyfriend who lives in turkey and he wants to

Customer Question

hello,I have a boyfriend who lives in turkey and he wants to visit me in the uk.What documents does he need?will a supporting letter from me saying I will provide food and accomadtion be enough for him to visit me here in the uk?how long will it take for him to get a visa?plus any other information I need to know?thank you m
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

The following webpage contains all the information he will need. He can apply online.

You can either prepare a letter yourself or ask a solicitor to prepare a sponsorship declaration for you. A declaration would cost around £50+Vat and is the ideal document to submit, but usually a letter from you would suffice.

The letter/declaration should include the following:-

• Your name/address
  • The date
  • His name and address
  • Your relationship
  • the date upon which he is to travel to the UK
  • The date upon which is to return to Turkey
  • That you are prepared to accommodate him if necessary throughout the whole duration of his stay without the need to access public funds
  • That you are prepared to cover the costs of any unseen or unanticipated costs that his stay incurs without the need to access public funds
  • Reinforce the fact that although you are in a relationship the stay is not intended to form the basis for an attempt by him to settle permanently and you are aware that it is not possible to apply for permanent stay whilst a person is on a visitor's visa

The letter should be submitted with his application.

The visa will be granted for 6 months. He must leave before the expiry of this.

It usually takes between 4-6 weeks from the date of the application to receive the visa.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you will he need his own documents like if his working or not and if his got money in his bank account or will the sponsership from me be enough without other documents?will I need to provide evidence of money I have?or will the sponsership document be enough?thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

The sponsorship document should suffice. He should submit evidence of the funds available to him and the sufficiency of these to cover the costs of his stay. He should also produce evidence of his job in Turkey and also any accommodation he rents/own to corroborate the fact that he is to return there.

I should also say that he is not permitted to undertake paid/unpaid work whilst he is here on a visitor's visa.

Hope this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What about if he doesn't have a job or money?will he be refused a visa?or will my supporting document be enough?if he doesn't have a job or money?thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

It helps if he has a job, but it is more important that he is able to show that he can support himself while he is here. If you are to provide accommodation then the money required is less obviously but he should demonstrate that he does have access to his own money for emergency purposes.

Please click accept, I will continue to answer your follow up questions.

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks if he stayed for 4 weeks how much money would he need for emergency purposes bearing in mind I would be paying for his food and accomadation?thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Ok.

If he is to stay with you and you are to pay for his food and accommodation then you should also show the monies available to you.

There is no fixed amount for working out the money available to him, but I should think somewhere in the region of £200-250 per week would be sufficient.

Here is the page relating to the documents required for visitor's visas:-

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/supportingdocsvisituk

Please click accept. I will continue to answer your follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will my pay slips be enough evidence for financial support for him and the supporting document?and will my wage slips be private from him?do I have to send the documents to him or someone else thanks for your answers just confused thought the supporting letter would be enough thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Please click accept and I will answer your follow up question.

Tom

Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will my payslips be enough evidence and will they be private from my boyfriend?where do I send the payslips and supporting documents?thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.