Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Dear Sir/madamI have indefinate leave to remain in the

Customer Question

Dear Sir/madam

I have indefinate leave to remain in the UK for over a year now. Last year in December I have applied for the British Nataionality through a solicitor. He informed me today that the my application has been refused on the grounds that I have an unspent traffic offence fine conviction in court. The home office letter says though that I can re-apply anytome or after my conviction is spent which is in November 2011.

I would like to know when I re-apply after my conviction is spent this year:
a) will this refusal have any impact on my re-application for British Nationality and if yes what it could be?
b) what are my chances of being successfull?
c) my wife's application for naturalisation is due in next month will my refusal impact her application as my dependent or it will be dealt as an independant individual (she doesnt have any issues like this) ?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Please refer to the other question you have asked. I have replied to that thread.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Tom

Thanks for your answer. Could you please tell me my refusal will have any impact on my wifes nationality application which is due in march as she is dependent on me financialy? Is it a requirement for citizenship application to be economically active?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Tom

Thanks