Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Im currently a university student in UK under Tier 4 Visa and

Customer Question

Im currently a university student in UK under Tier 4 Visa and i been in UK since 2002 on Student Visas and Visa Extensions, i was here since i was 12 years old.
What are the requirements for me to be able to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain?

Im currently got visa that will expire in 2013, so by the end of that visa I would have been in UK for over 10 years, would I be eligible to apply for ILR then under Long Residence Rule (in UK for 10 years) ?
or me being a student make me exempt me from that rule ?

If not will the fact that I already have visa that would insure my residence in UK for over 10 years be a reason for me to be able to apply for ILR now ?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Moderator, JustAnswer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i still would like an answer from Expert
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i still didnt get a reply to my question