UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I am an employer. I withdrew a certificate of sponsorship issued

Customer Question

I am an employer. I withdrew a certificate of sponsorship issued to a migrant worker as the worker had been dismissed from the job due to Gross Misconduct including breaching confidentiality, serious professional misconduct, serious negligence resulting in injury, unacceptable loss and damage etc.
The worker called sick and worked elsewhere, exceeded the 20 hrs working limit in other employment etc.
Now the worker staying in unknown addressed near the establishment and complaining to police, local authority, spreading gossip and confidential information about vulnerable people in the local community.
How could i limit the damages the worker already caused. I know the worker can stay for 60 days to find another sponsor. but this migrant is a threat to business and lives. is there anyway i could report to UKBA to deport this worker?
thank you for your advice
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 6 years ago.

You can contact the UKBA on:

[email protected]

Their telephone numbers are quite secretive.

You will need his name, date of birth and address if you have it.

In any event you could issue proceedings and seek an injunction against him for breach of contract which can include stopping talking about your business.

For this you would need a Solicitor to draft the papers and present your argument in Court.

But yes, you can contact the UKBA and take action yourself. The injunction would need to be served on this person personally as if he breaches it, he can be committed to prison.