Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I am an Indian National currently within the UK on a multiple

Customer Question

I am an Indian National currently within the UK on a multiple entry visit visa which has a deadline until early March 2011.
My wife and twin daughters of 3 years are British nationals.
We have been married for just over 8 years and have been together for 12 years, all the while based in Dubai the United Arab Emirates where we met each other.

My family and I came to the UK on the 17th August 2010 last year on holiday.During the course of our visit we decided that we would leave Dubai and relocate to the UK.

I then went back to Dubai and had all our belongings packed and shipped across to the UK.
We have just finished settling in here. we have rented a property for a year ( joint rental ownership), pay our utility bills regularly and our children attend the local nursery/preschool nearby on a regular basis 3 days week.
7 days ago my wife informed me that she was not going to process my residence permit and that she wanted a divorce.
I can very easily prove that we are married, have been together for the 12 years and that i am the father of our children as well being the sole bread earner for at least 10 years.
All liquid finances we have now is in a joint account in Sterling- the account is based in the Isle of Man
I am at a complete loss and could really use some advice.
I am now extremely afraid that i will never see my children again despite that she has promised she will not do that to me.
She stresses however that she will not sponsor me as my wife and i believe that she may be now seeking a divorce but my repeated attempts to broach the subject with her has failed.
I love my wife and do not wish to lose her however my hands are tied when she refuses to have me anymore.

I am also afraid that i may lose all access to my finances which is now all that i have.

Is there any way that UK immigration Law will allow me to obtain a work permit and or residence permit so that i may source myself employment and be a hands on Father to my children as i can very easily prove since they were born in Dubai.

Furthermore, she has also told me that i must leave the house that we have rented and move into alternative accommodation.

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Hi - I have already answered this on your other thread Claire