Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

immigration question - My filipina wife has Further le

immigration question - My filipina wife has 'Further leave to remain' visa which allows herto come and go outside the uk as long as no more than 30days. I have an unusal situation where I may take up the offerofemployment in Austrailia and take my wofe on an employment sponsored work visa. My concern is that after 30days of being in Australia, her FLR is invalidated and I am concerned what we would need to do to allow my wife and I to visit familiy in the Uk and eventually when we want to return to the uk, can we get anew flr.Its a great job opportuntiy but has potential big issues for the future. Please can you guide me.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
You are correct that if you move to australia your wife will not be able to apply for settlement when her current leave to remain expires - I assume it was granted for two years but provided you are still married and meet the criteria you should have no difficulty in getting a new "spouse 'visa when you return - she would then have to reside here ( apart from holidays etc) for 2 years before she could get unlimited leave to remain
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The other part of my question related to the interim period, once being outside the uk for over 30days, before returning permantly we want to visit the family, how do we do this and wuld this be difficult?
well strictly she should get a visitors visa. in the first few months I doubt f she would have any difficulty coming back on her existing leave but if she is out of the country for any extended period i.e. 3 months or more then I recommend she get a visitors visa. It should not be a problem given that she already has leave to reside here.