Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
13262538

Hi, Im from the EEC and my wife is from the Philippines, we

Hi, I'm from the EEC and my wife is from the Philippines, we have no children. We married 6 years ago in the Philippines and she entered the UK on a EU spouse visa.

We applied last September for a permanent residency in the UK and our application was approved last week. Our marriage has been difficult for some time, however, I was shocked when she demanded a divorce as soon as she got her passport back.
Is it possible to notify the immigration office to revoke our permanent residency since she is obviously cheating the system (and me for that matter)?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - You can certainly notify the Border Agency - but they rarely do anything in these circumstances I am afraid. Claire