INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Need my certificate of entitlement to the right of abode transferred

Need my certificate of entitlement to the right of abode transferred into my new passport. What do I need to do?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am assuming your certificate of entitlement is endorsed in your expired passport. Is this correct?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes my certificate of entitlement is endorsed in my expired passport.Can I just send my old passport and my new passport to Home office ? Do I have to pay for the transfer ?
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

There is two ways you can do this. Firstly, you can either travel with your new and old expired passports.

Secondly, you can apply for a Transfer of Conditions (TOC). For this, you will need to make an applicatioon to the home office and pay a fee. You will be able to find details of what you are required to do on the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while-in-uk/transfer-visa-to-passport/completing-form-NTL-TOC/

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,