How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7579
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can an investor-visa-holder apply via Public enquiry-office

Customer Question

Can an investor-visa-holder apply via Public enquiry-office for indefinite leave to remain in the U.K. after 5 years of residence ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


If you have been in the UK on your Tier 1 Investor's visa for a continuous period of 5 years then you are eligible to apply to the UKBA for settlement (ILR) provided you have not breached the terms of your visa or any of the other Immigration Rules.


You must also show that you are engaged in business activity at the time of your application engaged in business activity at the time of your application.


Here is the UKBA page where you can check for yourself:-


You would have to apply using for SET(O).


You would also have sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom and would have to pass a test in this regard before submitting the form, you can contact the UKBA for details on how to do this.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Related UK Immigration Law Questions