Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

My Jamaican boyfriend applied for a visiting visa to come and

Customer Question

My Jamaican boyfriend applied for a visiting visa to come and see me in the uk, it got declined below is what they said The Decision
You wish to travel to the Uk for three weeks to visit a friend. You state you are a stage technician earning J$38500/£275 (£1=j$140) per month. You have provided a letter from production resource systems but no evidence of of your income. You also state your sponsor in the UK sends you funds on a weekly basis. You have provided no evidence of this or explanation as to why she would do so. You have provided no evidence of a relationship with your sponsor or  that you have met. You have no evidence of any assets,ties,or savings in Jamaica and given all of the above I am not satisfied a short term visit is intended. i am therefore not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 months of that you intend to leave the uk upon the completion of your visit. Paragraph 41 (i), (ii).
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the above paragraph(s) of the immigration rules.

Your right of appeal
Your application does not attract a full right of appeal under section 82(1) of the nationality,Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. Your right to appeal is limited to any or all the grounds referred to in section 84(1) b) and © of the nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 namely:
b) the decision is unlawful by virtue of section 19B of the race relation Act 1976 (c. 74) (discrimination by public authorities );
c) that the decision is unlawful under section 6 of the human rights Act 1998 (c. 42) (public authority not to act contrary to human rights convention) as being incompatible with the appellant’s Convetion rights
 whatcan we do now? I must say we did not state that we were boyfriend and girlfriend we just said friend.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
He can apply again but he needs to produce proper documented evidence that he has a reason to return to Jamaica at the end of his stay. I..e proof he has a home there and a job to return to. you will also need to show evidence that he has adequate funds for his trip or a proper explanation as to why you are supporting him. you or he needs to deal with all the points of objection otherwise he will be refused again