INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hi I applied for Tier 1 general on 24th October 2010. My

Customer Question

Hi

I applied for Tier 1 general on 24th October 2010.

My previous earnings came from employed and self employment sources.

I was contacted by case worker on 22nd November 2010 asking me to provide additional proof of me being self employed. I had already submitted by UTR number by HMRC confirming I was self employed. As an additional proof they asked me to provided my Tax return (forms SA300 and SA302). At this time i was not due to file my tax return as the deadline is 31st Jan 2011 but I submitted my tax return online and produced SA100 which clearly shows my earnings for the period and tax payable on 31st Jan 2011.

I was later issued with SA300 from HMRC on 6th December 2010 which I received on 14th December 2010. SA302 is available only on request to individuals who file tax return online. I will request my SA302 on Monday 20th December 2010.

On 17th December 2010, i received refusal letter from home office stating the proof of employment SA100 is not acceptable as a proof of self employment.

I am given right of appeal and now i am wondering, can if I produce SA300 and SA302, do i have the grounds to win my appeal. I stress, SA300 and SA302 couldn't have been produced before due to the timings of Tax return.

Please advise me how to proceed.

Many Thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

The ukba were correct to refuse your application as you did not submit the correct evidence. The ukba correctly stated that an SA100 is nt evidence of self-employment.

As you have been granted leave to appeal and you have now obtained the required documents, I would suggest you appeal and produce the required documents before an immigration judge. From the information you have provided above, it seems you have a good chance of having the application granted at appeal.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,