How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1984
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, My husband is a medical doctor from Lebanon who graduated

Customer Question

My husband is a medical doctor from Lebanon who graduated from Russia. He came to the UK on a spouse visa of a British citizen.
In order for him to be exempt from the PLAB (medical equivalence-GMC) he needs to prove that he has EC rights.
I (his wife) also hold a french citizenship. The GMC (General Medical Council) gives to opportunity to prove that he has EC rights:
1) To prove that he has a residency card (very easy for us, we just need to send his passport to the home office.
2) Proof of his nationaly, mine, that I have been living here for more than 3 months, and proof of our relationship and proof of dependency where required (I do not understand what this stands for)

We would like to use option no 2) but we are not sure if really it is possible, please would you be so kind to advise us which is the safer option.

Thank you very much,

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.


My name is Francine, and I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Has he worked in the uk for the last 3 months?

Has he worked in any other member state for at least 3 months?

Many thanks,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions