Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
13262538

can i possible get a marriage certificate(proxy)from nigeria,is

can i possible get a marriage certificate(proxy)from nigeria,is it legal here in the united kingdom?is it legal in uk?is it recoqnize by the home office...
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - Can you explain a little more about the background to this question please. Claire
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i actually when to do a proxy wedding from my country in nigeria and am asking if it is legal in united kingdom
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - You will need to explain why you wish to do it by proxy if you want me to give you the best advice. Claire
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
am just asking if its however possible to you a proxy certicate for an application in uk or not just want to know if its legal in this country or i need to go to nigeria myself...just wanting to know d best option available for me..
Expert:  Clare replied 6 years ago.
Hi - it is possible for the UK to recognise a marriage by proxy - but generally only when both the parties live abroad - if you want to be certain that the marriage will be recognised then it would be best if you go to Nigeria and get married there. Claire