Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

How does a U.S. citizen immigrate to the U.K. I am 53 years

How does a U.S. citizen immigrate to the U.K.? I am 53 years old and unskilled.high school education with some college, no degree.
What if I married a U.K. citizen who wants to immigrate to the U.S.? While she's living in my country,I'll be living in her country. Beats being ACTUALLY being married!
This is just a very wild thought if somthing happens here in the U.S., like a coup or someother "Emergency". All that Republican talk of REVOLUTION has me spooked!!
Esspecially for a liberal left-wing atheist!!
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Where were you born?

Where were your parents born?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was born in Dallas Texas

My father in Tulsa Oklahoma

My mother in Point Texas

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

You obviously do not qualify for UK citizenship by virtue of your birth or descent.

Unless you have extremely high earnings in the last 12 months you do not appear to have the requisite number of points to apply for a workers visa.

If you could find a UK employer with a licence to sponsor workers under workers visa and they offered you a job which could not be filled by the existing workforce then you could conceivably apply for a skilled worker visa.

You could apply for a spouses visa if you married a UK national or person with leave to remain, but you would both have to settle here permanently. It would not work to have one go one way with the other going the other I'm afraid/

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards.