Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I sent $1650.00 to an immigration lawyer in England (Halpert

Customer Question

I sent $1650.00 to an immigration lawyer in England (Halpert Ansel of the UK Border agency in Sussex UK) as I had accepted an employment contract. Last week I let the employer know my mother has taken ill and I would not begin work in January as planned. I have asked for a refund of the money I sent for the visa processing, but neither the employer nor the lawyer will reply to my email requests. Do I have any recourse or am I simply out my $1650.00?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Hi.

Is Harper Ansel the name of the solicitor, or the firm of the solicitors who prepared your application?

What did you instruct them to do specifically, prepare and submit your application?

Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Tom,

Halbert Ansel is the name of the solicitor at the UK Border Agency Home Office, PO Box 3468, Sheffield S3 8WA UK who handled my visa application. Mr Ansel's email address is [email protected]. The offer of employment came from Dr Eizo Ota in Kent, who hired Mr Ansel. The total amount I sent Mr Ansel for my visa via Western Union was $1600 US.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

Georgia Ligori