How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

l would like to know how can l obtain UK citizenship truee

Customer Question

l would like to know how can l obtain UK citizenship truee marriage. l have been married for 5 years now but l only stayed in UK 8 months. My husband works for international oil company and we move every 2-3 years, l have had settlement visa but we have been transferred to South Africa after 8 months l have been in UK.
l don't think in near future we will be living in UK but l am tired getting visas all the time and my son is UK citizen as well, so l would like to get citizenship too.
ls there a way to get citizenship true marriage but not be a resident in UK.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry but you are not eligible. You cannot get a UK citizenship or even indefinite leave to remain unless you are continuously resident here for the required period

Related UK Immigration Law Questions