Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

I was just refused entry into England - was planning a three

I was just refused entry into England - was planning a three month visit - some in England, Scotland, and Ireland - I now have an immigration officer stamp in my passport - I have sublet my studio and apartment for the three months I had planned to be away and am wondering if I will be able to enter Ireland so I can at least have my back pack holiday there?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
The Republic of Ireland has its own immigration and you may be able to enter there. You will not however be able to enter Northern Ireland if entry has been refused to the UK.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can I go to Ireland while I wait for a visitors visa for England? or do I need to remain in the US until they've made a decision? I only have so much time out of work, so if I can start my trip in Ireland that would be best - also - I still have my return ticket out of London to use.
The Republic of Ireland is a separate country and you can choose to visit when you like, subject to your complying with their immigration rules and regulations. You do not say why you were denied entry into the Uk but if you are in the USA or in Ireland you can speak with the British Embassy in that country to see what if anything you need to do to fulfil the requirements to be allowed into the UK - you should not attempt to travel to the UK before you do so.