Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi, I am a Moroccan and based in Morocco, I was working sometimes

I am a Moroccan and based in Morocco, I was working sometimes ago in Italy and I had a bank account there, I managed to get the bank statement in Italian and I will translate it to English in Morocco, but I cannot send it back to the bank in Italy for approval.
Can I just apply without the translation approval from the bank?

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Good afternoon Yassire,

I trust you are the same customer from my earlier question.

The safest way would be to take the statements to a NotaryPublic in Morocco, ask the notary to arrange the translation with the translation company and then they will provide you with the translated copy and original. They will state what they have done and you can provide this with your application.

Alternatively you could just employ the translation company yourself, get them to certify it and then send this with the application. This is less water-tight than a notary as above, but you may be ok with it. call the British embassy and see if they have a list of approved translators in Morocco. If they do then you can probably just one of them and attach it directly to your application.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,