Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi, For my tier 1 visa application to UK, I need to provide

For my tier 1 visa application to UK, I need to provide my bank statement for the last 12 months.
Do I have to translate the bank statement if its in a language other than English?

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Yassire

Thanks for your question.

Yes, you will have to translate these in to english in order that they can be read by the UKBA. If your bank is an international bank they should be able to do this for you and certify that the statements are an exact translation of the originals.

If the bank will not do this for you then you should contact then you will have to have these professional translated by a translation company who will then certify them. You should then take these back to your bank and ask that they also certify that the statements are a correct translated version of the original accounts.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,