Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hi, I have applied for a visit visa to the UK in March 2009

I have applied for a visit visa to the UK in March 2009 and it was refused due to incomplete application form and a lack of documents.
Could this influence my current tier 1 visa application? If yes, should I provide any evidence to fix this issue?
Thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

A visitor's visa has a fairly low threshold for evidence of eligibility. What did you miss out on the original application?

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your message.
The causes of refusal of my original visa application were:
- I got an invitation letter for 2 weeks but in the application form I requested for 3 months.
- I didn't have enough funds to cover myself during the period of stay.
- There was no evidence about my accommodation.

Thanks.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Have you checked your Tier 1 Application to be sure that you meet the eligibility criteria?

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Tom,

Yes I meet all the eligibility criteria, and i have got the required 80 points.
I am just having a doubt if the previous visit visa refusal will impact my application.

Thanks.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Provided you meet the eligibility criteria for the Tier 1 application then the fact that you previous application was incomplete is unlikely to prejudice your current application. You will probably be okay.

The eligibility criteria so that you can double check is here:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier1/general/eligibility/

If the inconsistencies in your previous application contained matters which spoke to dishonest then the UKBA could seek to use this to resist the new application as it may not be what in their view is "good character". They are pretty unlikely to raise this point on the defects that you have stated, but you may choose to explain in your application that this was a genuine oversight and an honest mistake.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom