Paul Richmond
Paul Richmond, Barrister
Experience:  LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
39918989

Hi, I am working as a contractor, and i need to provide evidence

I am working as a contractor, and i need to provide evidence for my earning in the last 12 months.
Here is the process of my payment:
I am working as a contractor trough an agency and an invoicing company.
Before the payment hits my account it will be sent from my agency to the invoicing company, this last will transfer the funds to my account after deducting their management fee.
Do I need to explain this process in my application? if yes how?
Please what are the documents required in my case?
For your information: I am planning to apply for tier 1 visa
Thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help.

Regards,

Fran
JustAnswer Moderator

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear Francine,

Thanks for your message.
Yes I am still waiting for an expert answer, I will apreciate if you make it as quicker as possible.

Thanks,
Yassire
Expert:  Paul Richmond replied 6 years ago.

Thank-you for your question. Because the process by which you are paid is not straightforward, I suggest that it would be sensible to explain this process to the UKBA. You can do this by simply submitting a covering letter with your application.

Regarding the documents that you need to submit as evidence of your previous earnings, are you familiar with the Tier 1 Policy Guidance? This is a document written by the UKBA for its caseworkers that sets out all the detailed requirements for a successful Tier 1 application. You can download a copy here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/t1-general-guidance.pdf

I suggest that you have a look at paragraphs 137 - 146 generally. However, most importantly, you should note in particular the final section at paragraph 146 which specifically addresses the documentary evidence of previous earnings that should be provided by contractors. This states:

If the applicant is a contractor who does not operate either through his/her own company or as an employee, he/she may provide:

an accountant's letter confirming a breakdown of his/her gross and net earnings for the period claimed; and

personal bank statements clearly highlighting all credit payments made to his/her account from employment undertaken during the earnings period claimed.

Please note that both pieces of evidence must be submitted with your application.

I hope this answers your question. Please kindly click the green ACCEPT button so that I may be compensated for my time. Thank-you and good luck with your application.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your message.
If I don't have any accountant, can I get the letter from my agent?
I am working in a country where we don't pay taxes, so an accountant is not required.

Thanks,
Yassire

The UKBA tends to apply the guidance strictly, even though it does not actually have the force of law. If you want your application to be granted directly by the UKBA then you should stick to the terms of the guidance. In other words, you should instruct an accountant to prepare a letter confirming a breakdown of your gross and net earnings for the period claimed.

I hope this answers your question. Please kindly click the green ACCEPT button so that I may be compensated for my time. Thank-you.

Paul Richmond, Barrister
Experience: LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)