Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I HAVE FROM 2004 TILL 2007 LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN AND THEN

Customer Question

I HAVE FROM 2004 TILL 2007 LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN AND THEN FOLLOWED FROM 2007 TILL 2009 WORKING PERMIT DEPENDENT FOLLOWED FROM 2009 TILL 2011 TIER 2 SW (DEPENDANT ) on working visa of my partner.

My partner has been in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of five years and requirements are met by my partner to apply for settlement. He das not want to apply.
May I apply for settlement without my partner?
2011 1 July my visa is ending.

Lucy
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Lucy,

What visa were you on from 2007-2009?

What time have you spent out of the UK?

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Tom,
,
SAME LIKE LAST ONE, DEPENDANT ON MY PARTNER WORKING VISA
Lucy
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your reply.

I am afraid that you cannot apply for settlement without your dependent partner making the application at the same time. Your visa is linked to theirs so yours will expire when their's does, this generally results in an application for settlement being made by the persons with the visa and the dependent.

If your partner applies for settlement then you should also apply at the same time. If they will not or cannot be convinced to apply then I am afraid you will not be able to apply.

Sorry it could not be better news. If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Tom,
If i will start working now, and apply for working visa by completion of my current visa, how long i have to wait until i can apply for settlement
Thanks

Lucy
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Lucy

Thank you for your very kind accept.

Once you have switched to a worker's visa you would then have to work for 5 years from the date of the visa before you are eligible to apply for settlement.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Tom