Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

How much would it cost for my daughter, student at oxford,

How much would it cost for my daughter, student at oxford, to get a 2 year work visa for the UK?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

The fees are different depending on whether she is to work as a highly skilled worker or as a sponsored worker having received a sponsorship from her employer.

Do you know which she would be applying for?

Most university students have enough points to apply as highly skilled workers.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
As a master's degreed student, I think she would be a highly skilled worker.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

I should think so, this is known Tier 1 General. You can check that she has the required number of points on this website to be sure:-

Please note the section on the required level of maintenance funds that she must have in order to accrue the points available for this criteria.

If she is to make the application from inside the UK then:-

1. If by post - £840

2. If in person (this is a premium same day service which should really only be used in emergencies - your daughter should be able to apply well in time of her current visa expiring. - £1, 095.00

Assuming she is not a national of Croatia, Macedonia, or turkey and is over 18 years old.

If she instructs a solicitor to prepare the application for her then they would charge in the region of £700-900+vat depending on the complexity of her case.

The criteria, although lengthy, is not that complicated and she should have no trouble completing it and evidencing it appropriately herself with her application provided she leaves herself enough time.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,