Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

weave just come back from holiday in turkey and my daughter

weave just come back from holiday in turkey and my daughter has fallen head over heels with a turkish man can he get a visiting visa to britain but next year he has to do national service thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Yes, he can and will need to get a visitor's visa. This would be for a 6 month period and he would have to show (ie. by statement) that he intends to leave at the end of his visit. that he has enough funds to support himself whilst he is here without the need to access public funds (eg. bank statements) and that he does not intend to undertake paid or unpaid employment.

If he mentions to heavily that he is in a relationship with your daughter then the UKBA may become suspicious and think that he is only coming to the UK to marry and then attempt permanent residence here. If they do they might reject the application.

Here is the link to the UKBA's visitor's page and you can click on the "how to apply" link to see how he can apply - he can do it online or to the nearest British embassy where he is:-

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards