Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

my question is this. i live in the usa ans travele to the UK

my question is this. i live in the usa ans travele to the UK in 2009 and was denied entry. they say that I could not enter do to the though that i did not have the funds to be in the country for 3 months. I wish to try to travel this time for 3 weeks to the UK for my birthday. I there a chance they will turn me away again. How can I get help to get in if they keep dening me entry to the UK.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Generally, US citizens are granted a visa at customs upon port of entry. It is discretionary though which general means that they will only not give visas if one has a significant criminal record or plainly does not have the funds to finance their stay.

Given that you were so denied last time I would advise contacting the nearest British embassy and applying for a visa before go. You should do this immediately because you do not have a lot of time. Information on the requirements (and other info) is available here:-

You should take pf of your identity and address, as well as bank statements showing the funds available to you. Call ahead of your trip and ask if other documents are required.

If you do not get it in time then you may have to take a risk and travel, or not take a risk and don't I'm afraid.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,