Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

if granted permission to marry a uk citizen, while on a marriage

if granted permission to marry a uk citizen, while on a marriage visa can a Bangladeshi citizen then travel freely during the 27 months probation period. ie. will he be able to visit his home country during the probation period

Can you confirm that the person is question is on a spouses visa at this moment in time?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

We have applied for permission to marry, and then I understand that once married we need to apply for a spouse's visa for him, but I just wanted to know if, while on a spouse's visa would he be able to travel, for example to his country for a short holiday, and then return to the UK.

Right, yes - you can travel to other countries and re-enter once you have received a spouses visa. There is no prohibition on traveling per se but you should not be out of the country for more than 90 days in any one year, otherwise it will affect your ability to apply for ILR after you have otherwise completed the requisite period of residency in this country.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will b gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,