Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

HELLO, I WANT TO MAKE APPLICATION FOR MY WIFE TO REMAIN OR

HELLO, I WANT TO MAKE APPLICATION FOR MY WIFE TO REMAIN OR STAY WITH ME IN GREAT BRITAIN, WE JUST RESENTLY GOT MARRIED,WHAT KIND OF APPLICATION DO I MAKE TO THE HOME OFFICE AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS.I AM A POLISH EU CITIZEN AND MY WIFE IS A NIGERIAN CITIZEN

THanks for your question.

She will have to apply for a residence card from Nigeria to the UK Embassy there.

A residence card is normally for five years, and is an endorsement that is placed in the her passport.

She will have to apply by completing application form EEA2, available for download from the UKBA website.

For your application to be accepted, she must provide a valid passport and evidence that you are a family member of the EEA national (ie. both your passports and evidence of your marriage and you being resident here at present..

Section 9 of the forms lists the appropriate documents you will need to submit.

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

ok,thanks.

my wife is here already and we just got married,but her visiting visa expired,any risk and how much is the application.

You've got to make the application before her visa expires, otherwise she will not have a legal right to remain here and will be asked to go home and make a further application from there.

I would call the UKBA about the cost of the application, I believe it has changed since I last checked.

I'll request that the other questions you posted is closed as it is dealt with here.

Kind regards,

Tom